Doula -ing is about bringing together birth knowledge and building relationships with parents and other birth workers to create a cohesive support system where parents can gain confidence during each of the four trimesters of their journey. Therefore, becoming a Doula not only requires extensive knowledge of the birth process but also of the care system the parents decide to birth within.
These two modules are designed to sit alongside / tag onto, the Foundation Antenatal Education or Advanced Antenatal and Hypnobirthing Diploma, rather than a standalone qualification. This is because you need to have the knowledge and skills contained in the Diplomas to be a fabulous Doula!
Doula 1: Birth Skills
Techniques, tips, and tools to assist your parents, the baby and yourself during a birth. This module is designed to help you:
- Learn comfort techniques such as massage, resting positions, and movement
- Learn which positions and techniques support the progress of labour - like Rebozo
- How to emotionally support your parents, and yourself.
Doula 2 : Communication
Communication with the maternity team is crucial to effectively supporting the parents with their needs. This module is designed to help you:
- Optimise communication with Midwives, Doctors, and other birth workers
- Understand medical terminology
- How to support your parents when "they say no"
Gain freedom and control - Your Life, Your Way! NOW!!
Click below to get started today!