Antenatal Training UK only provides the highest quality qualifications, and this is no exception. Designed for those who wish to support new and expectant families with their breastfeeding needs, our Breastfeeding Counsellor qualification course only uses current evidenced based information, and is designed and written by our own IBLCE Isobel Jordan.
Following the online course you will be able to practice as a Breastfeeding Counsellor in many settings, lead breastfeeding classes or offer a private service.
The course comprises of theory learning in our interactive “classroom” where you will find videos, articles, activities and quizzes to support your learning. Sitting alongside this is online face to face learning with Isobel, and required shadowing hours. For those that wish to take the IBLCE exam we also offer optional workshops with Isobel at an additional cost.
We have deliberately designed the breastfeeding course this way, so to not impose the extra cost on those not wishing to take the exam. This allows us to provide exceptional quality and value no matter what level you wish to train to.
Anatomy and Physiology:
- Breast and nipple structure, development and variations
- Physiology and endocrinology ie hormones and lactogenesis
Feeding Positions and attachment:
- Twins, caesarean sections, latching techniques and issues, biological nurturing.
Newborn to 3 months
- Colic, reflux, allergies, and intolerances
- First hour
- First 6 Weeks
- 6 weeks to 3 months
- Weight gain
- Breast and nipple pain/trauma
- Engorgement, blocked ducts, Mastitis, Abscess, Infections.
- Treatments - both NICE and CAM
- Surgical considerations
- Milk supply
Milk Composition and Nutrition:
- Nutritional and immunological properties of milk
- How birth can impact on milk production
- Premature, tube feeding, re-introducing breastfeeding
- Skin to Skin / Kanagroo care
- Mental Health
- Sleeping in
Signposting and the Breastfeeding community
- Who is Who?
- Certifing Bodies
Expressing and mixed feeding
- Hand expression
- Pumps and equipment
- Cup and syringe feeding
- Sexual abuse
- Society & psychology
- Fathers role
Ethics, Law and Codes
- WHO, Baby Milk Action, BFI,
- Rights of Mum
- Rights or Baby
- Formular Industry and the law
- Listening and language skills
- Shadowing hours
COMING SOON !!
We are working hard with leading experts to build you the best course EVER!!
Submitt your details below and we will send you a £100 discount when the course is launched, as a thank you for your patience.